How to Submit a Right-to-Know Law (RTKL) Request to the Pottsville Bureau of Police
- All RTKL requests for police records must be in writing. Each request must identify or describe the records sought with sufficient specificity to enable the Pottsville Bureau of Police to ascertain which records are being requested. Each request must also provide a name and address to which the City of Pottsville response will be directed.
- ll requests must be addressed to the City of Pottsville Agency Open Records Officer, as follows:
Right to Know Law Officer
Requests may be sent to the City of Pottsville RTKL Officer via mail, fax, or in person during regular business hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday (except holidays and official office closings).
Assistant to the City Administrator
City of Pottsville
PO Box 50
Pottsville, PA 17901
Phone: 570-622-1234 Ext 1346
- Investigative reports are not public information and therefore not accessible under the RTKL.
- Criminal History Record information is not obtainable under the RTKL.
- The RTKL does not apply to requests for audio or video recordings. Act 22 of 2017 (specifically Chapter 67A of the Act) established a process for requesting audio and video recordings in possession of law enforcement agencies in Pennsylvania.
Standard Right to Know Law Request Form
Office of Open Records Website